DOWNTOWN TAMPA Play
With so many options for things to do in Tampa’s Downtown, the challenge is not deciding where to go or what to do, it’s deciding where to start.
Best Big City
Named by Time’s Money Magazine as one of the Five Best Big Cities in the United States, Tampa is considered a “Sunbelt beach city with international aspirations.” Experience the inspiring culture of museums and diverse cuisines of memorable dining, unique shopping, and Downtown’s array of arts and entertainment, outdoor activities, nightlife, and events.
View a list of bars and restaurants with live music this week!
More Reasons to Enjoy Downtown Tampa
- Only city in Florida to be ranked among “America’s 50 Best Cities” – Bloomberg Businessweek
- Ranked Most Hospitable City – Airbnb
- Ranked 4th Most Pet-Friendly City for Travelers in America – Priceline.com
- Ranked 3rd “Top 10 Value Destinations” that offer the most “Vacation-on-the-Dollar” in 2013 and 2014 – Hotwire
- Ranked 4th “Top 20 Cities for Golf” – Golf Digest
- Ranked 4th “Top five of America’s Most Popular Big Cities” – Pew Research Center
- Ranked as the “5th best outdoor city” – Forbes
- Ranked among “Top 25 Arts Destinations” – American Style Magazine
- Ranked No. 7 out of the top 10 spring break destinations – Orbitz.com
- “Outstanding Wine Program” Bern’s Steak House, James Beard Foundation, 2016
- Ranked No. 15 U.S. Tourist Hotspots Nobody Cared About 15 Years Ago – Orbitz.com
- Ranked 3rd “Best Beer Town” – 10Best.com Readers’ Choice Award – USAToday
- Florida Aquarium ranked among “Top-10 Aquariums in North America” – Coastal Living Magazine
- Gasparilla among “Top 20 Community Celebrations in the Southeastern U.S.” – Southeast Tourism Commission
- Glazer’s Children Museum among “Top 10 Children’s Museums in the Country” – Woman’s Day Magazine
- Tampa Museum of Art, Prestigious American Architecture Award – October 2011
- Tampa Theatre ranked 3rd on a list of the Ten Best Movie Theaters in the World – The Credits, MPAA
- Cass Street named among “Top 10 American Best New Bike Bike Streets” – Peopleforbikes.org – 2016