TAMPA, Fla. (April 21, 2017) – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa and Ybor light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, April 28:
This months Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with Pay-As-You-Will admission and refreshments, PLUS an official opening reception for a new exhibition, The Boomer List: Photographs by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, will be held.
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. with free entry to enjoy the exhibits. Check out the Hive’s 3D Printing, robotics lab and recording studio, Florida History & Genealogy Library’s Burget Brothers Women’s History photographic display, a water bottle win spiral craft to honor Earth Day in the Children’s Area, and trivia and bingo with prizes in the Hive.
- Le Meridian Hotel Tampa: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Meridian celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00 p.m. with extended happy hour specials, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 7:00-8:30 p.m. with a free U2charist event and live art PLUS hosting The Master Chorale for theÂ Bing Sing, Southeastern Guide Dogs Super Hero on Parade Unveiling.
- Scarfone/Hartley Gallery: Located at 310 North Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. with free admission and interactive tours (when available).
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30-8:00 p.m. with free admission PLUS artist Beth Kokol will present a Talk and Tour.
Other Participating Venues for April 28 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th, Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:30-7:30 p.m. with free admission and refreshments.
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00 p.m. with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:00 p.m. with free admission and audio tours.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00 p.m. with free Live and Local performances, Sip & Stroll bar locations, and ticket specials.
- Tampa Bay History Center: Located at 801 Old Water St. in the Channel District, the History Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with free entry to first-floor exhibits.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-10:00 p.m. with free entry to exhibits, museum tours and refreshments provided by Sono Cafe.
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 6:00-9:00 p.m., with happy hour drink specials from 6:00-7:00 p.m. and a free guided Theatre tour at 6:30 p.m.
This month’s Special Programming includes:
- Superheroes on Parade: Located in Curtis Hixon Park near the playground area, Southeastern Guide Dogs present their first Tampa Superheroes on Parade dog sculptures. Impressive in their superhero capes and painted by talented local artists, the sculptures will be revealed at 6:00 p.m. with a VIP Artist and Sponsor reception to follow.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours and plan their route with the schedule and suggested itineraries online at www.FourthFridayTampa.com. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only History District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code (visit www.FourthFridayTampa.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at email@example.com or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)6 comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.