By Kelsey Sunderland
TAMPA (December 6, 2018) – The Tampa Downtown Partnership has announced the winners of the 2018 Urban Excellence Awards.
Vetted through a three-step process, nominees were consideration through a panel of jurors evaluate the nominations on a scale of 1-10 based on the criteria and their relation to six topics; innovation, creativity, engagement, sustainability, advancement and impact.
“The Urban Excellence Awards event is a unique opportunity where the Tampa Downtown Partnership brings together the downtown community and stakeholders to say thank you and recognize those pioneers, trailblazers, and Downtown champions that make downtown a great place to live, work and play,” saidÂ Mickey Jacob, chairman for the Tampa Downtown Partnership.
“Tampa’s Downtown would not be the vibrant, unique place that it is without the hard work, dedication and devotion of the many Urban Excellence nominees and winners,” saidÂ Lynda Remund, acting president and CEO of the Tampa Downtown Partnership. “Their contributions have made a significant and lasting positive impact on downtown and this awards ceremony allows us the opportunity to recognize and thank them for all they’ve done.”
- Activating Public Spaces Award: Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority Pocket Parks Phase 1
- Arts & Culture Award: Tampa Museum of Art “Love Is Calling” exhibit
- Downtown Collaboration Award: TECO Line Streetcar Reimagined: Free Fares & Modernization & Expansion Study
- Downtown Experience Award: “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?” Franklin Street Block Party by Tampa Theatre
- Landmark Development Award: Armature Works
- Marketplace Award:Â Duckweed Urban Grocery
- Private Sector Award: The Wilson Co.- CWâs Gin Joint
- Public Sector Award: Julian B Lane Riverfront Park â city of Tampa
- Peopleâs Choice Award: Catherine Bennett of Skypoint Condos
- Christine Burdick Person of the Year Award:Â Leo Rodgers