Safety and wellness are always the top priorities to everyone here at the Tampa Downtown Partnership. We will continue to closely monitor the latest developments with Coronavirus and cooperate fully with recommendations from public health officials. The primary objective is that we all take appropriate personal steps to limit the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our entire community remains healthy.
Ways to Support Tampa’s Downtown Community
As we all adjust to re-scheduled events, re-align our working arrangements, and rearrange travel plans, we encourage you to continue to support your favorite small businesses even if you cannot visit them physically by doing the following:
- Call to see if your favorite restaurant is offering takeout or delivery, and tip the same amount as you would dining in. In fact, Uber Eats will be waiving delivery fees on all orders from independent restaurants, to assist local restaurants.
- Buy gift cards online for many local restaurants and shops.
- Shop online or via phone. Many Downtown retailers have online shopping available, and our local and independent shops will help you get what you need via phone or other methods, if necessary.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- Share this information so others know how to help.
At this time the Tampa Downtown Partnership will remain open and Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team continue with operations per usual with additional safety precautions to support the Downtown community through our services. In addition to ensuring that Tampa’s Downtown remains well maintained, managed, and safe, our Guides are collecting up-to-date information from our local restaurants and retailers.
Please make it a priority to take all health and safety precautions you can to protect yourself and others in our community. Downtown Tampa depends on community support to thrive and our small businesses are a vital component of our economy year-round. We want to ensure their continued success while maintaining all appropriate public health safety measures.
For questions, send us an email.