Harpoon Harry’s Crab House, located at the Tampa Convention Center, is known as a bastion of summertime indulgences. Customers not only have their pick of fresh seafood, steaks and sushi but are right in the heart of downtown, close enough to walk to places like Amalie Arena or The Florida Aquarium. This week Harpoon Harry’s Crab House was kind enough to share their fan favorite Crab Stuffed Shrimp recipe with us. We hope you all enjoy making this delicious dish at home and visit our newsroom for more recipes from local restaurants every Wednesday.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp
What you’ll need:
All ingredients listed below
Large baking pan
Knife to create slit in shrimp
Ingredients: 4 servings
12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and a slit cut to hold stuffing
8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
1/2 stalk of celery, finely minced
1 small shallot, finely minced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper and salt
1 tsp hot sauce such as Franks brand
2 tbsp butter, melted
1/8 cup white wine
4 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
1/2 cup shredded cheese (They use mix of pepper jack, sharp cheddar and Italian four cheese blend)
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Pour melted butter into baking pan large enough to hold shrimp on one layer. Place shrimp pocket side up in dish.
3. Make stuffing by mixing mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper and hot sauce in a bowl and whisking it together.
5. Fill shrimp evenly with mixture.
6. Top evenly with cheese, pour over white wine and finish it off with bacon and a little extra Cajun seasoning.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until shrimp is cooked thoroughly.
*Please note the Harpoon Harry’s Crab House Chef decided to pair the shrimp with saffron angel hair pasta, lemon veloute and fresh vegetables in the photo above.