Tampa Bay Newswire
TAMPA, Fla. (July 20, 2017) – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa and Ybor light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO, an Emera Company, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, July 28:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. with free admission to their opening reception feature the USF School of Architecture and Community Design projects titled “The Art of Learning”.
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. with Pay-As-You-Will admission and refreshments. Join them this month as they host an Artist/Curator lecture by MK Foltz.
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. with free entry to enjoy the exhibits. Check out the Hive’s 3D Printing, robotics lab and recording studio. Also, join them for a Harry Potter 20th Anniversary craft and game extravaganza. For adults, we will have travel trivia with prizes, a Google Cardboard virtual reality experience, and green screen travel photos.
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Meridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. with extended happy hour specials, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and free guided tour at 5:30 p.m. In addition, Fourth Friday: Arts on the Patio, a miniature art festival on our front patio, will feature a pop-up gallery from Illsol and a number of muralists who are featured at the Illsol Gallery. John Weatherby will also be displaying his Downtown Tampa photography. More artists to cone. The artists and their work will be featured on the front patio in front of Bizou Brasserie from 5:00 – 8:30 p.m. during July’s Fourth Friday.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. with a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee. Enjoy your beverage and snack while taking in their Open Mic Night from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. with a gallery reception for Laura Kmetz, with refreshments.
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, TECO celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. with Curator Debra Radke and local artist Afshan Kohari. The current exhibition is comprised of 21 oil paintings of various genre including nature, portrait, and interiors.
Other Participating Venues for July 28 are:
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. with free admission and audio tours.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Ave. in Ybor City, the Italian Club celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. with CRUSH Happy Hour in their Catina with LIVE Music, $2 Wells, $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Homemade Prosecco Lemonade, $5 Import Beers, $6 Two for One MASI Wine, and a complimentary shot! $10 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available! Tour the historic building from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. 20% off Club memberships!
- Jobsite Theatre: Located at 1010 N. Macinnes Pl. in Downtown Tampa, Jobsite celebrates Fourth Friday with $20 tickets for the production of their new show Cloud Nine.
- Stageworks: Located in the Channel District in downtown Tampa, Stageworks celebrates Fourth Friday with $10 off tickets to their new show Proof.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N. Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 9:00 p.m. with free Live and Local performances by Roberto DeBourg (6:00 – 9:00 p.m.), Sip & Stroll bar locations, and ticket specials for Motown.
- Tampa Bay History Center: Located at 801 Old Water St. in the Channel District, the History Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. with free entry to first-floor exhibits.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 10:00 p.m. Enjoy pay-as-you-will admission throughout the night and free scheduled gallery activities. Check in at the front desk for activity start times. Enjoy Sono Cafe’s waterfront bar with $5 beer, $25 bottles of wine and complimentary bites; Friday night dinner and tapas on their huge, covered terrace until 10:00 p.m.
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 6:00 p.m., with bogo large draft beer from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. and a free guided theatre tour at 6:30 p.m.
- Wandering Eye Art Gallery: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Wandering Eye celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 11:00 p.m. with a free art print with purchase and free interactive art experience.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. with a free entry and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating transportation partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY072017.
- TECO Line Streetcar: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along the Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphonem or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor. Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY072017 (visit the Facebook page for details).