Tampa’s Downtown Reinvestment and Relief Fund (“REfund”) Grant Program is to provide critical financial support to small businesses impacted by COVID-19. The funds for this program are provided by the Special Services District to serve the immediate needs of Downtown at this time.
The Special Services District (SSD) was created in 1994 by Downtown property owners and community leaders to serve as an investment for the betterment, economic growth, and beautification of Tampa’s Downtown. Services provided by the Tampa Downtown Partnership via the SSD include Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, marketing, business development, transportation, public space activation, planning, beautification, and grants.
Tampa’s Downtown REfund Program is an emergency grant focused on providing financial aid to support basic needs to maintain business operations of small businesses that have invested in the local economy by locating in Tampa’s Downtown. The fund offers a direct payment of $1,000 to eligible applicants, with a total budget of $50,000 to support the program. This award is a grant, and the recipient will not need to repay the funds at any time. The SSD Advisory Committee will be the party responsible for the review of eligibility and approval of applications. Grant applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis and distributed until all funds are depleted. Payment checks will be administered directly to the applicant via first-class mail upon approval by the committee.
Diagram A: Special Services District Boundary (in yellow)
Due to an overwhelming response, applications closed at 9 am on Thursday, May 7th.
· Sea Dog Cantina
· The Corner Café and Deli
· GenX Tavern, LLC
· Flock and Stock
· Tampa Pizza Company
· Si-am Thaiamerican Restaurant
· Ahead Salon, Inc.
· ENC Waterside Inc DBA The Corners Pizza
· Milly On Lashes
· Toast Tampa LLC DBA Hotel Bar
· Falafel Inn Mediterranean Grill
· Astro Ice Cream, LLC
· Zukku Sushi, LLC
· Don Me Now
· Carlton Academy Day School, LLC
· Florida Museum of Photographic Arts, Inc.
· 8-Count Productions DBA Rialto Theatre
· Caffe Fresco 50/50
· Caffe Fresco 50/50
· Bobby C’s Inc. DBA Moxies Cafe Rivergate
· Hungry Greek Element Building
· Zelwin LLC DBA Jimmy Johns
· Tampa Museum of Art, Inc.
· Vale Food Company Tampa
· Downtown Subway Inc., Subway #4807
· Downtown Subway Inc., Subway #26256
· Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, Inc.
· Museum SW LLC (Museum Subway)
· Third Refuge, LLC DBA Gallito
· Spain Sandwich Shop Inc.
· Beauty Brought Out, LLC
· Wax Tampa, LLC DBA European Wax Center
· Bamboozle Living Inc. DBA Bamboozle Café
· Bamboozle Tea Lounge DBA Bamboozle Channelside
· Modern Paw LLC
· East Madison Salon
· Pokeys Rock and Rolls
· Sweatshop Urban Fitnex
· Restless Styles
· Stageworks, Inc. DBA Stageworks Theatre
· Tampa Muay Thai Inc
· Soleciety, LLC
· Taco Bus
· The Minimalist Salon
· Florida Medical Odyssey DBA Frenchies Modern Nails Tampa
· Nocturnal Hospitality Group DBA Franklin Manor
· MyaTampaLLC DBA Mole Abuela
· Nine 15 Group LLC DBA Osteria
· Reina Shoe Repair
· District Tavern DBA Enterprise of Tampa, LLC