Roll back the clock a century and join us for an old fashioned picnic on Sunday, March 17th, starting at 10 am, in Plant Park. Bring your blanket, pack a
Roll back the clock a century and join us for an old fashioned picnic on Sunday, March 17th, starting at 10 am, in Plant Park. Bring your blanket, pack a picnic basket and invite family and friends to experience the pleasures of a simpler time. Relax in the shade, or test your Victorian sporting prowess with challenges of hoops & sticks, croquet, horseshoes, badminton, and three-legged races. Victorian table games will be offered including dominoes, checkers, jacks or tiddlywinks. We’ll have strolling models in vintage clothing, live theater, and continuous entertainment on Center Stage.
Entertainment on Center Stage and throughout Plant Park includes:
- Bits ‘N Pieces Puppet Theatre
- Tampa Metropolitan Youth Orchestra, Student Ambassadors
- Tampa Community Band, Jahn Van De Putte, Conductor
- The Flexible Four, barbershop quartet
- Upstairs Downstairs at the Tampa Bay Hotel, featuring Henry Dobson
- Matt Weihmuller Jazz Trio
- Stilt Walking by Mario
- Leprechaun Miles O’ Clover
- Robert Willaford Railroad Museum Train
Community Partners participating:
- Arts4All Florida – art activities
- The Paper Seahorse – vintage typewriter bar and paper crafting
- Humane Society of Tampa – meet some adoptable animals
- Blue Bell Creameries – enjoy some free icecream
- The Wheelmen Florida Division
- American Red Cross of Central Florida
Bring your own picnic or enjoy delicious items from Dave’s Jukebox Diner and Mr. C’s Grilled Cheese, food trucks from the Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally.
Picnic in the Park is a perfect opportunity to lull in a haven of rest and contentment on the banks of the Hillsborough River. Bring your own picnic basket, chairs, blankets and coolers and enjoy the day. A limited number of tables are available throughout the park.
(Sunday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Henry B. Plant Museun
401 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606